[Hiring Manager’s Name]
[341 Company Address
Company City, State, xxxxx
Dear Mr./Mrs./Ms. [Manager’s Name],
With great willingness, I am applying for the position of (POSITION) which was advertised on the (COMPANY NAME) website. I firmly believe that my education, skill-set, intensive training and extensive experience make me a suitable candidate for this vacancy.
I am certified in Electrical/Mechanical Estimating and hold a degree in Electrical Engineering from HML College. As an individual who is interested in continuous professional development, I have dedicated more than 7 years of experience to working with blue chip companies within the electrical industry. This has resulted in professional competency in all operational and technical aspects of digital systems implementation.
Employed with McHero PLC as an Electrical Improver/Supervisor, I have demonstrated strong problem solving skills and the ability to work in high-pressure and challenging working environments. My responsibilities varied through commissioning, maintaining, installation and testing of highly sophisticated electrical systems. In addition, I was also relied upon to manage vendors and execute projects and maintenance strategies within a budget of around $90,000.
Ensuring that all activities complied with quality standards and examining installation of numerous electrical equipment, I have been able to successfully identify engineered resolutions to recurring electrical issues. Furthermore, I have gained an extensive exposure of leading teams and training members such that their competencies are inline with the needs of the organization.
I have functional knowledge of all electrical legislation, codes, and standards of practice and have gained expertise in use of industry specific tools and applications.
I would welcome the opportunity to meet you and I am sure after appraisal of my resume you will see I am an individual with excellent potential in an organization such as (COMPANY NAME).
I look forward to hearing from you in due course.
Internships resume objective examples
Resume objectives are starting to get more outdated, but in some cases may still help with your internship job search.
Use these resume tips when writing your objective.
A strong, concise internship resume objective could help you stand out from a long list of internship candidates. Some will argue that resume objectives have become obsolete over the years—the career summary is more common nowadays—but when you're applying to internships, it's important to let hiring managers know exactly why you're the one they should pick. An objective does exactly that.
Employers receive large amounts of resumes for internships from college students and recent grads. That's why it's so important to ensure that your resume stands out and makes a statement. Writing your resume is tough enough, but the resume objective is the first thing hiring managers will read. It's essentially their first impression of you, so you want to make sure it's a good one.
Tips for writing your internship resume objective
The resume objective for an internship should immediately grab the reader's attention. The objective should be straight to the point and concise, but it should also highlight a few reasons why you'd be an invaluable asset to the company or organization. Rather than write an objective that details what you hope to gain from the internship, think of it as the place to sell your skills and any competencies that would benefit the hiring manager and existing employees. This objective should consist of a well-written paragraph and should also include the name of the organization to which you are applying, if possible.
Sample objectives for internship resumes
The following internship resume objective examples are a good place to start when crafting your resume objective, but be sure to tailor them to suit your own needs and the needs of the internship you hope to acquire:
- Results-oriented college graduate with a background in performing scientific research interested in gaining an internship position with ABC Company.
- Obtain an internship with ABC Company that will benefit from an advanced knowledge of economics and customer service skills.
- Seeking a summer internship with ABC Company where my strong problem-solving and analytical skills will be utilized. My part-time work experience and marketing studies will provide solid support to ABC Company's marketing department.
- Seeking an internship position that will allow me to explore career options in the IT sector. A self-motivated, hardworking graduate student in computer science, I have consulted in the computer center, tutored undergraduates, and completed advanced projects relevant to this internship position.
- To obtain an internship with a leading marketing company which provides the opportunity to expand my knowledge as a communications major. My experience as assistant editor of the campus publication, in addition to my strong writing skills, ensures I will make a positive contribution to ABC Company.
- To obtain an engineering internship that will utilize my analytical and design skills. A 4.0 GPA throughout my mechanical engineering studies attests to my hard work and enthusiasm for the engineering industry.
- Seeking an internship at ABC Healthcare Facility to further my nutrition studies where I can utilize experience gained as a dietetic intern at XYZ Hospital.
When writing your resume objective for an internship, remember that the employer wants to know what you will bring to the table, not merely what you hope to gain from the experience.
Are you trying to find an internship, but aren't sure where to start? A great first step is to join Monster today. As a member, you can upload your resume and make it searchable to recruiters who are searching our database every day, looking for interns just like you.