Administrative assistant cover letter sample
This cover letter example for an administrative assistant will help you to sell your skills and professional demeanor.
Use these tips to write an administrative assistant cover letter.
To be the successful candidate for an administrative assistant job, it helps to have a cover letter that can sell your administrative skills, such as organization, communication, and time management, to employers. View our sample cover letter for an administrative assistant below.
And if you need additional writing tips, join Monster for free today, so the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service can help you impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter for administrative assistant jobs.
1543 Elm St.
Sometown, NY 11111
Home: (555) 555-5555
1428 Main St.
Anytown, NY 12222
Dear Mr. Short:
Are you spending too much time handling administrative tasks? Would you like to free yourself from tedious detail work so you can focus on building your business? If the answer is yes, then we should speak.
I offer a five-year track record in office management and administrative support. You will benefit from my following key strengths:
- Computer expertise, with proficiency in all MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access).
- Broad-based experience covering a full spectrum of administrative duties, including executive support, office management, billing/invoicing, payroll administration, customer care, account management, database administration, document preparation, travel/meeting coordination and project/program support.
- Superior multitasking talents, with the ability to manage multiple high-priority assignments and develop solutions to challenging business problems.
- A proven reputation, with a consistent history of exemplary performance reviews and recognition for driving efficiency improvements to office systems, workflows and processes.
I am confident that if you hire me as your administrative assistant, you will have more time and energy to concentrate on growing your business. My resume is enclosed for your review, and I will follow up with you in a few days to discuss your administrative support needs. You may also call me at (555) 555-5555 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your time, and have a great day.
Shipping Clerk Cover Letter
Shipping Clerks work in warehouse environments and are responsible for handling merchandise shipments. Essential job duties of a Shipping Clerk include checking items in every shipment, identifying defective items, adhering to packaging procedures, applying labels, processing customer orders, introducing transaction data in the company database, maintaining the working area clean and organized, operating forklifts, shipping finished goods, and organizing storage areas.
Successful cover letter samples for Shipping Clerk usually mention skills and abilities like:
- Organization and planning
- Knowledge of warehouse operations
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Computer competences
- Being able to work under pressure
- Effective communication
- Attention to safety
Those interested in a Shipping Clerk job can check relevant skills and experience in the example cover letter provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Shipping Clerk Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Duff:
With this letter and the attached resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the Shipping Clerk position you have available. As a skilled, organized, and detail-oriented professional with seven years of experience coordinating outgoing merchandise, materials, and general operations, I possess a wide range of knowledge and skills that will allow me to contribute toward the success of your company in this role.
My backgrounds includes weighing packages, determining the most cost-effective shipping methods, arranging for shipping pickup, estimating costs, packaging and securing merchandise for shipment, and updating records. Through my experience, I have become adept at ensuring adherence to organizational goals and requirements while facilitating streamlined shipping operations and maximizing accuracy and efficiency.
A few highlights of my professional qualifications include…
- Organizing all facets of merchandise shipments as a Shipping Clerk with Limited Industries, examining shipment contents, recording weights and other shipment data, and comparing with manifests and purchase orders to verify accuracy.
- Successfully coordinating more than 130 shipments per day.
- Preparing detailed documents including bills of lading and shipping orders.
- Contacting carrier representatives to issue instructions and make arrangements for order shipments.
- Assisting with staff training and leadership tasks to stimulate top-flight team performance.
My proven ability to optimize shipping efficiency and success, along with my dedication to providing an exceptional level of customer service and satisfaction, will contribute immensely to the success of Windfarm Industries. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Terrence E. Stirling